ARE YOU PREPARED?
Gulf Trust Credit Union stands ready to meet your needs in the case of a disaster. We have tested our disaster plan for manual operations when there is a power outage for any reason. We pledge to put forth every effort possible to have your funds available when you need them. We plan to keep you updated on our hours of operations on our website. Click on ATM Locater at the bottom of our home page. We encourage you to be prepared as well. The following are recommendations:
- Always have a bag readily available that contains
- CASH- the amount depends on if you are leaving the area or staying. ATM’s will not operate when the power goes out. ATM’s across the states with the CU24 emblem should not charge you a fee for withdrawals.
- Copies of important information, emergency phone numbers and contacts, doctor/medication list, insurance policies, birth certificates/passports/drivers license, maps of your area and where shelters are.
- Food and water- prepare for at least three days- one gallon of water per person per day. Remember the can opener if you have canned food.
- Flashlight and batteries
- Radio- one that will operate with batteries, solar-powered or other energy source
- Cell phone, chargers and backup batteries
- First aid kit
- Extra clothing, gloves, hat, tennis shoes, and rain gear
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items- toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminine items
- Insect repellent and sun screen
- Multi-purpose tool
- Baby and/or pet supplies if needed
- Prepare your home
- Cover windows
- All outside objects (plants, toys, picnic tables, chairs, grills, etc)- place in covered area
- Turn off any propane tanks
- Fill your vehicle’s gas tank.
- Discuss your plans with family, friends, or neighbors. Let them know if you plan to leave or stay.
Evacuate if authorities advise you to do so.
- For additional information
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) fema.gov 1-800-621-3362
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) msema.org 1-800-222-6362
- Jackson County Emergency Management https://www.co.jackson.ms.us/departments/public-safety/emergency-management.php 228-769-3111